- As the next generation satellite communicator from Garmin,
inReach Explorer builds on the proven, award-winning technology of the
company's original satellite communicator.
- Combines the latest satellite communication technology and
product innovation to make it the most feature-rich, and easy to use satellite
communicator that both sends and receives messages available on the market at
an affordable price point.
- With a colour screen and virtual keyboard, standalone mode
provides full, free-form messaging capabilities to any email address, social
media posting, the ability to change service modes and configure user settings
all without the need for a paired, companion device.
- Offers a sleek, pocket-sized design, intuitive LED indicator
for satellite availability, audible message notifications, and a long-lasting
internal rechargeable lithium battery for ultimate convenience and
- Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments.
Waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810F for vibration/shock).
- Provides 100% pole-to-pole coverage via the Iridium satellite
communications network, with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
- Optional paired mode provides access to unlimited,
downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts.
The Garmin inReach Explorer package includes:
- Garmin inReach Explorer
- AC adaptor (US adaptor only)
- USB cable
- Quickstart guide
- Navigation capabilites built-in: Follow a route you prepared
ahead of time or find your way back with a detailed breadcrumb trail.
- Digital Compass and more: Get heading and bearing info,
accurate elevation readings, speed, and moving average using the built-in
digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer sensors.
- Waypoints: Easily mark key locations, such as your campsite,
truck, etc., by creating waypoint in the field or ahead of time online.
- Colour-coded map view: See a complete overview of your
journey, including your planned route, waypoints, tracks, and messages - all
geo-located on screen.
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from your
phone or email contacts
- Compose and send messages up to 160 characters with or
without a companion device
- View incoming messages and receive alert sounds and LED light
confirmations for delivery confirmation
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, or your own shared map
- Send and receive 160-character, free-form messages to and
from email address, and other inReach users. View and respond to incoming
messages directly on the screen.
- Convenient, quick messaging -- Send simple, predefined
messages to email and cell phone contacts for anticipated situations.
- Delivery confirmation - Audible alerts, built-in LED light,
and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate
two-way message delivery.
Although advertised by Garmin as having SMS capability SailCom
Marine do not recommend using SMS as a method of communication with the Garmin
Explorer. This is because Iridium does not have have agreements in place with
all mobile network providers. Therefore SMS sending and receiving can be
unreliable. It is better to use email messaging which is far more reliable.
- Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS
location tracking. Interact with 24-hour emergency monitoring center via
two-way messaging to describe the nature of your distress in detail and stay in
touch throughout the rescue process.
- Automatic location tracking
Your pushbutton-activated SOS alert is delivered to the GEOS
International Emergency Response Coordinating Center, a 24/7/365 U.S.-based
operation with highly-trained staffers who will coordinate with the appropriate
response entity for your location and situation.
Follow-me/Find-me Tracking and Location:
- Turn on and off tracking to share your GPS coordinates,
course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family.
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- GPS position accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Navigate with confidence using Garmin Topo North America
maps, Garmin Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts
- Unlike streaming maps, your downloaded maps remain available
even when outside of cellular coverage
- Free app for smartphone users at iTunes.com or Googleplay.com
enables free map downloads
- Colour screen offers an easily understood visual
display and satellite signal status
- Predictive virtual keyboard makes for easy text message and
2 Year Warranty:
- The Garmin inReach Explorer comes with a 2 year
- Transform your mobile device into a global satellite
communication and navigation tool when you pair your inReach via Bluetooth with
our Earthmate app:
- Real-time GPS location, tracking and text messages are
overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from
anywhere in the world.
- Unlimited downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts on
your paired mobile device when downloaded via an Internet connection. Unlike
streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded Garmin maps remain cached in
the Earthmate app even when you're outside cellular coverage.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device's address book
for easy message sending
- View all your previous trips and messages
- Give family and friends peace of mind with the ability to see
your GPS coordinates, breadcrumb trail and initiate a message exchange with you
from Garmin's exclusive MapShare portal.
- Manage your inReach device with our Explore portal,
- Pre-load messages to your inReach.
- Set-up access to your social media accounts.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
- Manage your account and settings, including emergency
- Update your inReach firmware.